Halloween was Mr. Murray’s 15th birthday so Mrs. Shecky baked him a cake and I am sharing the recipe below. He loved it.
This is just an easy basic cake recipe without butters or sugar added. The flavor of pumpkin is loved by dogs along with peanut butter. Use 100% peanut butter so you don’t add anything dogs can’t eat. Most stores have 100% of almost everything these days. If you are weary about baking a cake for the pup, then don’t or just ask your vet.
This cake has also been human tested. It is good and I love it dipped in my coffee *just because I like to dip*. I mean look at the ingredients – it is probably the less sweet of any goodie I have here on my recipe listing. *smiling*.
Mr. Murray’s Birthday Cake
- 6" Round Cake Pan
- ¾ c Flour
- 1 Egg
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tbsp Oil
- ½ c Pumpkin Puree 100% Pumpkin Canned Is Great
- 2 tbsp Peanut Butter 100% Peanut Butter
- Whipped Cream 100% Cream (Optional)
Prep pan by spraying with non-stick cooking spray and lining the bottom with parchment paper. The batter will be thick.
- Mix the flour, baking soda and baking powder together with a whisk and place aside.
- Blend the egg, oil, pumpkin puree, and peanut butter together and add the dry ingredients. Blend it all together until smooth. Batter will be thick
- Pour into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes until a cakes tester comes out clean.
- Cool completely
- Whip the heavy cream, pour on top and serve. *See Notes
From Mrs. Shecky’s Kitchen to you,