Getting into outdoor projects since the rain has passed has been a pleasure. This one project was overdue and again, this is why I love paint for a simple DIY.
I got a large simple chandelier awhile back as a freebie and just put it in my storage with thoughts of it going outside under an oak tree for summer dining. But, when the kitchen got done it was time to hang the beautiful crystal chandelier that was saved from the last house and surprise… the contractor and his minions had broken it and had not said anything about it. *Another pissy moment*. So, my mind went back to this piece that was just thrown into the storage unit.
After getting it out and looking it over and measuring the monster, it was decided nothing would be at a loss if the paint didn’t work and didn’t look good. Cleaning and painting began.
After seeing how well the chandelier looked under the Pointed Finger’s work, the hunt went on for the outdoor lights we took down for replacement of the new ones. I kept a few of the oldies for birdhouses and/or battery lights so out they came out for a sprucing up. Taking the glass out and with a good brush up they were ready for their new look.
A nice surprise was the wiring worked in all of them so they will be placed somewhere still to be determined.
I wanted to hang it and live with it before a final “yup I like it”. I do things that way. Living with an arrangement for a bit helps not overworking and changing things so often. That is always the defining moment then items get permanently installed. After giving it a thumbs up the chandelier will stay as is with no hanging crystals. But covering the chain is a must.
All in all for the price of 4 cans of spray paint it worked. The space is large enough, the color of the paint did wonders, and a little elbow grease worked for this repurpose. Sometimes it is worth it to save things found for a little DIY and new life.
Til next time,