The simplest of ingredients can make the best-tasting condiment or side dish. Here is another easy recipe for cooked balsamic peppers and onions. From hot dogs to steaks to salads this is flavorful enough for any meal. I like to eat it all by itself and since it is quick I can keep a container of it in the refrigerator for a few days snacking on it.
Balsamic Peppers and Onions
- Large Skillet
- ½ Green Bell Pepper Sliced
- ½ Red Bell Pepper Sliced
- ½ Yellow Bell Pepper Sliced
- 1 Large Yellow Onion Sliced
- ¼ c Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves Roasted (Optional-See Recipe)
- 1 Sprig Fresh Thyme
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Slice onion and saute in olive oil for about 10 minutes to release the flavors.
- Add sliced bell peppers.
- Add roasted garlic. This is optional. You can add just fresh garlic but adding a roasted garlic clove or two gives the sweetness of it and adds a special flavor.
- Saute for about 30 minutes covered or until cooked all the way through
- About 10 minutes before it is done add the balsamic vinegar. Cook it in.
- Salt and pepper to tasteAdd fresh thyme
You can make this sweet by adding honey or give it some heat by adding hot peppers or spice it up with what you love. I am an in-betweener so I throw in pepper flakes at random with the left overs. As always here on Mrs. Shecky, anything goes with your taste-buds.