Blueberry Loaf Bread
A blueberry Bread that you can use orange or lemon flavors.
- 1 9 x 5 Loaf Pan
- 1½ c All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ⅓ c Granulated Sugar
- ½ c Milk
- ⅓ c Vegetable Oil
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Orange Extract Or Vanilla or Lemon
- 1 Juiced Orange & Zest Or Lemon & Zest
- 1½ c Blueberries Floured
Prep Loaf Pan and Preheat Oven To 350
- Combine all the dry ingredients with a whisk.
- Combine all the wet ingredients including the juice and zest with a whisk.
- Combine the dry and the wet and mix until blended.
- Blueberries: Take a teaspoon of flour and mix the blueberries a bit until they are coated. This will keep the berries from sinking in the batter when baking.
- Gently fold in the blueberries into the batter.
- Pour into the loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for approximately 55 minutes. Per your oven's temp, you may want to start check the bread earlier.
- Cool for 15 minutes.
Sure, you can add more blueberries up to 2 cups. Reserve a bit to put on top before baking. I just like the way it looks and it is tasty too. Yes, you can use just vanilla extract. I make my own extracts so I do have orange and lemon, however, you can buy them at the market or even craft stores where they sell baking equipment and such. There is a good 8 – 15 slices here depending on how you cut it–maybe even just one! I calculated this at 15 because I do slice as if it was bread. Eat it warm with butter – that is the charm. If you have extra blueberries leftover make that jam and refrigerate it to slather it on later.
Serving: 1Calories: 80.29kcalCarbohydrates: 16.54gProtein: 2.03gFat: 0.71gSaturated Fat: 0.27gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.14gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.19gTrans Fat: 0.01gCholesterol: 11.73mgSodium: 81.07mgPotassium: 39.64mgFiber: 0.69gSugar: 6.36gVitamin A: 37.01IUVitamin C: 1.44mgCalcium: 13.64mgIron: 0.68mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
From Mrs. Shecky’s Kitchen to you,
Thanks Rupali, it never seems to last.
We’re headed out on a road trip this Saturday. I might have to make this on Friday to bring with us!
Breads like this are greats for road trips. I would slice and wrap before going. Eating will be easy! Have fun!!
It was! ☺️
Comments are closed.