Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies
A good ol' recipe derived from the Nestles Oatmeal Scotchies
- Cookie Sheet
- 1 1/4 c Flour All Purpose
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon Ground
- 1 c Coconut Oil Hard
- 1 1/2 c Brown Sugar Packed
- 2 Eggs Large
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3 c Old Fashioned Oats
- 11 oz Bag of Butterscotch Morsels
- Preheat Oven to 375°
- Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon with a whisk in a bowl. Set aside
- Blend coconut oil, brown sugar, in a mixer then add the eggs and vanilla and blend well until creamy. Add flour mixture and blend with the mixer.
- Stir in the oats and then the morsels until just blended.
- Use an ice cream scooper for even cookies and scoop onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake at 375° for about 7-8 minutes.
- Watch the baking. This version is made with coconut oil so, as always set the timer for half way then turn the baking sheet for an even bake and continue baking. *See Notes
- Cool completely and store in an air tight container.
This recipe is derived from the Nestle Toll House Oatmeal Scotchies. It is basically the same as on the package so I take no real credit for the recipe. The changes are the coconut oil, brown sugar and baking powder content which is just my preference. The original recipe is really good but I like the coconut oil along with brown sugar for an extra added crisp. On the package it notes to bake a couple of minutes longer for a crisper cookie, however my oven would burn them with that extra time using this recipe. So again, watch your bake. I found that when I sub’d the coconut oil they baked a minute or so faster. Just watch your timing as I always recommend. Just remember, coconut oil is not butter and does not have the taste of butter. However, the result in using coconut oil was really tasty and this is a good recipe for those who can’t have butter.
Calories: 132.2kcalCarbohydrates: 16.77gProtein: 1.73gFat: 6.8gSaturated Fat: 5.4gCholesterol: 9.09mgSodium: 72.19mgPotassium: 44.34mgFiber: 0.8gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 13.2IUCalcium: 14.77mgIron: 0.43mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
From Mrs. Shecky’s Kitchen to you!