Mrs. Shecky posted this on her instas a while back and realized she didn’t have a recipe here on site until she baked one last weekend. Even though it is a ‘this and that’ recipe here is a basic for a great breakfast, lunch or dinner. If you have eggs and veggies, you can bake a Frittata.
- Oven Pie Dish Or Cast Iron Skillet
- 6 Eggs
- ¼ c Cream *See Notes
- 5 Pieces Bacon cooked crisp
- 1 tsp Sea Salt or Kosher-your choice
- 1 tsp Pepper ground
- 1 c Broccoli chopped
- 1 c Onion diced-more or less as desired
- 1 c Parmesan Cheese Shredded
- 1 tsp Thyme
Preheat oven to 350°
- Prep your pie dish with cooking spray. If you are using a cast iron skillet spray or oil it only if you are not using bacon.
Cut & Chop
- Cut and chop the onion and broccoli. Set aside.
- Cook the bacon until crisp and set aside.
- Saute the broccoli and onion for about 6 minutes in the bacon grease. If you are not using bacon skip this and just saute in a tsp of oil and butter. Set aside.
- Whisk the eggs, heavy cream *or cream substitute*-See notes below. Add the seasonings and whisk together.
Add & Pour
- Add all the Parmesan to the ingredients and give it a stir, then pour it into the pie dish. If you are using a cast iron skillet to saute and bake, use that.
- Bake at 350° for approximately 10-18 minutes. Again… Check it depending on your oven's temp gauge.
Let Cool for about 5 minutes. Cut and serve.
Try it and enjoy it. Let me know what you add to your Frittata so I can try that too!
Filed Under Breakfast and Main Courses.